‘Enough about my personal life!’


You’re romancing three girls in your second film?
What can I say, I guess I just got lucky! (smiles)
What’s Bachna Ae Haseeno all about?
It’s a romantic comedy. It’s a journey of a guy from the age 17 to 30 and the relationships he has in his life at different phases and how each relationship teaches him about life in its own sweet, sexy, sassy way.
You didn’t get the girl in Saawariya. Similar fate in this one too?
No, here I do end up with someone. Love is such that God grants us one person who we can spend the rest of our life with. It rarely happens that we don’t. So it’s a happy ending.
When did you take up this film?
I signed this movie before the release of Saawariya. At that point, I wasn’t signing any movies but then Siddharth Anand called and said he has a script for me. I was a little hesitant because I didn’t want to sign anything before Saawariya’s release but when I read the script, I fell in love with it. I told him I will kill anybody who does this role! It’s written for me.
Is it a deliberate effort on your behalf to move away from the lovelorn tragic image of your first film?
No effort at all. Every movie is different. Saawariya was my debut film. It will always be the most special film. I got to work with a master craftsman like Sanjay Leela Bhansali. Whatever I know about acting and cinema is because of him. Yes, I have moved from that phase to this film. My third film will be different from my second film. I hope I can do cinema that shows a different side of me every time.
Is there a towel-dropping scene in this film too?
I can just promise you there’s more than just towel dropping!
Some feel that your chemistry with Bipasha Basu is more crackling than that with Deepika?
What can I say? Bipasha Basu is sizzling and any actor has to just stand in the same frame to make it look hot. So I would give her the credit.
But does that bother you, since you and Deepika are seeing each other?
If they are saying that then I respect it. The chemistry of a pair on screen is known only when the audience reacts to it. This is movie-making, it’s about the characters and not their personal life. I think enough has been spoken about it and I think it’s high time that our work is spoken about. I don’t want people to relate to me because of my personal life.
Would you say you’re a one-woman man?
I would like to believe every man is a one-woman man.
What’s next on your list?
I’m currently working on Ajab Prem Ki Gajab Kahani which is a Raj Kumar Santoshi film with Katrina Kaif. Then there’s Wake Up Sid with Konkona Sen Sharma that’s produced by Karan Johar and directed by Ayan Mukherjee. I’m scared of working with her. She’s so immensely talented. I don’t know if I can match up to her but I’m really looking forward to working with her.

0 Responce: