‘I won’t give up my career for anything’


There was heightened expectation from your last release, Tashan, because of you and Saif.


We did what the script required us to. I don’t think people should’ve gone to see Tashan as Saif’s and my love story. We’re playing characters. Jab We Met worked because the characters worked. I had done so many films with Shahid while we were seeing each other. They didn’t work. Why?


Does all the attention given to your relationship with Saif scare you?


I can’t stop living my life the way I want to just because of the attention. As long as I don’t let my family down I’m not scared. But at times the endless attention gets scary. There are so many false stories about Saif and me. I understand the need to know what’s going in our lives. The best thing is to just do my work and not get affected by loose talk.


Are you fully comfortable in your relationship with Saif ?


Yes. But only the two people in a relationship know what’s going on. People don’t have the right to know what’s going on in my private life. They have my films to judge me by. I don’t need to explain what happens behind my closed doors. Right now I’m loving it. The paparazzi is doing their job. We’re doing ours. Saif and I understand that.


The two of you don’t have that much work together.


After Tashan we only have Renzil d’Silva’s film together. Both of us are too sensible to sign films just to spend time together. Saif is mature and extremely understanding. He respects the kind of work I do, as I respect his. And we keep our careers apart. Saif knows that right now my career is the most important thing to me and that I need the space to work. I’ve worked really hard to get where I am. I won’t give it up for anything.


So career wins over love? There’s no comparison. When I’m working, I’m working. And when I’m with him, I’m all there. Besides, Saif is a superstar himself. He’s so busy.


Are you anorexic?


No. I think I had a good physique even before I re-sculpted myself for Tashan. In fact, a lot of people preferred me when I had a little more weight. So, I repeat, this look was just for Tashan. People say I’ve been on an orange juice diet. I eat healthily, though I’m a pure vegetarian. Being a vegetarian helps me to stay light and healthy. I also do yoga or some form of exercise 4-5 times a week. I do not go to the gym. I go for walks regularly. I believe in healthy slimming. Eat well and stay fit. I do indulge once or twice a week. Like all Kapoors, I can’t stay away from good food.


0 Responce: