History can be created only once

Lata Mangeshkar refused to sing a patriotic song on the lines of the famous ‘Aye mere vatan ke logon’.



Recently, Lata Mangeshkar refused to sing a patriotic song focusing on the 26/11 terror attacks. Apparently, she is traumatised over the recent terrorist attacks in Mumbai and is no mood to entertain anyone who wants to capitalise on the attack by making a song or a film on it.
Our source said, “Lyricist Satyaprakash Mangtani and music director Surinder Kohli were persuading Lataji to sing a patriotic song on the lines of the famous ‘Aye mere vatan ke logon’ but Lataji was adamant about not singing it. Despite umpteen requests, she did not give in.”
Lata confirmed the news and said, “I will not do any such song now. History can be created only once.”

We asked Lata about her music album Sarhadein (with Pakistani singer Ghulam Ali) and she replied, “I had only one song in the album, which I have already recorded. It was Sa Re Ga Ma’s album with music composed by Mayuresh Pai. I think it will be very difficult to complete that album now. I am not even sure if it will get released but I am still to hear from the music
company.”

However, our source from Sa Re Ga Ma had a different story to tell. The source said, “Lataji has not completed the song with Ghulam Ali. He was supposed to come to Mumbai on Sunday, but he did not. As and when he comes to Mumbai, Lataji will complete the song.”

Lata also paid her homage to the victims of the terror attack. She said, “I pay my homage to all the people who died in the recent terrorist attack - the public, the fire officers, Navy, Police and NSG. I am with their families and also a part of their pain. I want to request our government to take strict action against the terrorists. The time has come for us to act now.”

0 Responce: